Cardboard Tubing Rolls
Cardboard tubing rolls provide the best protection for longer, thinner items. That makes them ideal for sending items like cables, pipes, tools, and chair or table legs.
Our cardboard rolls are made from 100% paper, so they’re eco-friendly and fully recyclable. The tubing is supplied flat and rolled, meaning you can cut the roll to the exact length you need while maintaining the strength of the packaging. This makes sending thin, long, or awkward shaped items much easier and more secure.
- Customisable – send items of different lengths using the same cardboard tubing roll
- Ease of use – simply cut your cardboard at the length you need
- Protection – a sturdy packaging solution that keeps your products protected during shipping
- Eco-friendly – made from 100% paper and 100% recyclable
Orders received before 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched same-day for delivery on the following Monday. Orders received after 3 pm on Friday will be dispatched on the following Monday, using a next working day delivery service.See full delivery information
Layflat Tubing Width x Roll Length
What tubing width should I get?
Cardboard tubing on a roll from Smith Packaging comes in three different widths: 102mm, 160mm, 224mm. This makes them ideal for a variety of items and businesses.
For example, if you sell thin items like cables or windscreen wipers, you may want to choose the 102mm width. If you send items of furniture and need protection for products like table or chair legs, you may need a thicker width.
Make sure you measure the dimensions of your items carefully before you choose the size of cardboard tubing roll you need.
Made to ship long items
Standard cardboard boxes and cardboard tubes tend to be sold at one set size. This means that finding the exact size to suit your needs may not be possible, and you may find you spend extra money on padding materials to ensure your items don’t rattle around in a tube that’s too big for them and get damaged.
Our cardboard tubing rolls are designed specifically to ship long items easily. Because you can buy cardboard tubing in different widths and cut it to the size you need, you can completely customise it to suit the products you sell. No more trying to squeeze your products into packaging they’re not designed for – cardboard tubing rolls will make you more efficient, leaving you time to focus on other things.
Buy in bulk to increase your gross profit
Buying the exact size of packaging you need not only helps you be more efficient, but it also means you reduce your cost of packaging per item.
Additionally, if you send out a lot of long, thin items to your customers and need to buy cardboard tubing in bulk, you’ll also see a significant cost saving. As you can see in our pricing chart, the more rolls you buy, the more you save.
What are cardboard tubing rolls?
Cardboard tubing rolls are flat-packed tubes of cardboard made from recyclable materials. Cardboard tubing is supplied as a roll. You can simply cut the tubing at the point that it will fit your items, and pop it out of its flat position so that it becomes three-dimensional.
Here’s how to use cardboard tubing rolls to send long, thin items to your customers:
- Measure the dimensions of the item you’re sending, including the length, width, and depth. Don’t forget to take into account that your item may also be wrapped in protective packaging, such as bubble wrap.
- Roll out your cardboard tube so that it’s slightly longer than your item’s length.
- Cut your tubing at the required length. Make sure you have enough tubing at each end of the item to be able to seal your package securely.
- Pop out your flat packed tube so it becomes three-dimensional.
- Seal one end of your tubing and insert your item.
- Seal the other end of your tubing and label your package.
We offer a next working day delivery service across the UK on orders over £40 (excl. VAT). Just place your offer by 3pm the previous day. If you place an order before 3pm on a Friday, you’ll receive your items the following Monday.
If your order is under £40 (excl. VAT), there’s a shipping charge of £3.99.